Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Toronto Floods

Yesterday was the flooding of the century in Toronto.   They got an unbelievable amount of rain. (The picture included was tweeted by a global TV newscaster of the flood on a go train, where people had to be rescued by boat.  My brother was just on that same train on Sunday.)   Nothing much happened here.   Some light rain and a brief thunderstorm.   I wonder what would happen here if the basement flooded.  Would he get to move to the top floor?  Would he move in here, or with a friend?  I hope I never have to find out.
The landlord was here yesterday.   He had to get the garbage out because it was a big pickup.   Finally that couch out from is gone, the one the old neighbours left.   He was also cleaning up after her three cats, they were all males and have sprayed everywhere.  He's getting it ready to start showing the apartment.  I told him about the chewing I heard earlier that day, I hope he gets someone in here to exterminate.  My fingers are crossed that no one moves in before August 1st.
Tomorrow I am hopeful that I will finally be able to get my new laptop battery.   It's going to cost me $90 with tax.   I have waited a long time to get this because I have had to wait for my gst cheque to come in.   Couldn't otherwise afford it.

0 comments: